The Lord knows what we have need of, He knows the desires of our heart. He knows our cares and concerns. Sometimes our best prayers come through our praise. We can praise the Lord, knowing that He can and will do what we’ve asked. We praise resting in the sovereignty of the Lord our God. Let’s look to the beautiful words of Psalm 100!
1) “Lift up a great shout of joy to Yahweh! Go ahead and do it—everyone, everywhere!
2) Worship Yahweh with gladness. Sing your way into his presence with joy!
3) And realize what this really means— we have the privilege of worshiping Yahweh our God. For he is our Creator and we belong to him. We are the people of his pleasure.
4) You can pass through his open gates with the password of praise. Come right into his presence with thanksgiving. Come bring your thank offering to him and affectionately bless his beautiful name!
5) For Yahweh is always good and ready to receive you. He’s so loving that it will amaze you— so kind that it will astound you! And he is famous for his faithfulness toward all. Everyone knows our God can be trusted, for he keeps his promises to every generation!”
Let everything that has breath, praise the Lord!
Peace and Blessings
The will of God can be considered to a mysterious thing. People search high and low for the will of God for their life. However, the Lord does not make it hard for us to discover what His will is for our life. He actually lays it out pretty simply for us:
“give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18
The power of thankfulness helps us to die to ourselves! No wonder that this is His will concerning us. The more we die-die to our flesh, die to our will-the better positioned we are to live for Him!
An attitude of gratitude did not end on last Thursday with turkey and a good football game. The attitude of gratitude is for everyday and is transformative! The more we tell Him thank you, the more we are able to see how much He is at work in our lives. And the more we recognize the Lord at work, we will begin to discern what is of Him and what is not. We will see how He wants us to live, how He wants us to govern ourselves, and how we can best live for His kingdom.
Thankfulness jump starts our journey to serving Him with our whole heart. Thankfulness helps us live life with a submitted heart. Thankfulness helps renew our mind.
This is the will of Christ Jesus concerning us-to be submitted to Him, to be renewed, to be transformed, to serve Him with our heart, to create a space for Him to take front row seat of our lives.
Thanksgiving is not over for those who are in Christ. This scripture tells us so! Not only that, we no longer have to wonder about the will of God for our lives. And we can share this will with our unsaved loved ones.
Jesus wants us to be thank-filled! He wants us to overflow with gratitude! This, friends, is the will of Christ Jesus for our lives.
Peace and Blessings